Sunday, January 1, 2012

Post Christmas in LA

Hi once again, sorry for the long delays between updates, so much to do and so little time to do it in. Poor Michelle started feeling ill on Christmas Day and is now bedridden with a full-blown cold, so on Monday Ros and I went to Ross's to do some clothes shopping. I managed to get a Calvin Klein sports jacket for $60, knocked down from over $200, plus several pairs of trousers, belts and socks. All were a fraction of the price we pay for clothes in Perth.

Tuesday we just relaxed, did some washing and walked around the Grove shopping centre nearby, where Ros bought some gifts for Michelle and Luke for letting us stay with them.

Luke, Ken & Ros in new office
Wednesday, Josh took us to Luke's new workplace, run by Ken Rich. They have moved out of Ken's garage as the business had grown too large for it to accommodate them. Josh also works there, handling the webpage and online ordering system. The new office is an ex-studio and the sound-proofing works well when the wood-working tools are in use! Ken bought us all pizza for lunch.

Needs no caption
It was then time for Ros and I to take our lives in my hands as I borrowed Samantha's car and drove several miles to Fry's Electronics store, the biggest computer and electronics store I have ever laid eyes on. The entrance has a huge make-believe flying saucer that appears to have crashed into the building forming an effective foyer to the place. We bought some noise-cancelling headsets there as we had managed to break both of ours on the long haul over here. I could have spent all day in there.

Thursday we flew to Hawaii - we had planned to go see a movie in a theatre near the airport, but Josh underestimated the time he needed to get all his travel arrangements in place and ended up picking us up an hour late, which left us with not enough time to watch the film before catching our plane. So we dropped him off at the airport and drove to the nearby Howard Hughes Centre and had a leisurely lunch there before dropping off Sam's car at long term parking and catching our flight to Hawaii.

1 comment:

  1. Ha Ha - I guessed you'd never resist a visit to Fry's, George! Yes - I'm sure I'd spend all day there if I went. Time for a return visit to LA but I'm broke!

    ReplyDelete