Sunday, April 14, 2019

Proud Bird

Airbus A321neo
It's my birthday today, so Luke and Augie took Ros and I to Proud Bird Restaurant, which is located right at the end of the main runway of Los Angeles airport (LAX), so consequently I had many examples of this on the right, as well as many jets taking off. This is the A321neo, a direct competitor of Boeing's very popular 737, although the Max 8's are a bit on the nose at the moment.


Proud Bird
Proud Bird also has many old warbirds on display, like this one in the foyer. The food smelt just wonderful, I had a BBQ Beef Sandwich which was to die for. We must visit the Woodranch BBQ Restaurant while we are here to have my favourite smoked Tri-tip beef.






Bell X1
I won't bore you with all the pictures I took of planes, except for this one, the Bell X1 experimental plane, which I expect all of you know that Chuck Yeager flew to break the sound barrier for the first time on 14th October 1947.
A wonderful way to spend my birthday. Tonight we're taking Augie to see the animated movie The Missing Link, although I don't agree with its premise that there exists a missing link between humans and apes and hence that evolution is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment